Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Clockwork progress - Days away from completion!

Clockwork is on schedule for a mid-August completion. Here is just a sample of my latest progress, an entire new lift tower featuring 5 new tracks. Once the machine is complete, I will begin the long, tedious process of testing it meticulously, searching for any and all flaws. When those are fixed, and when my new camera arrives in the mail, I will shoot at least 2 videos. The first video can be expected this month, however the second video will most likely not be finished until September.

6 comments:

  1. fantastic machine, both mechanically and esthetically... never heard about k'nex before... austron, did you ever consider about designing yourself some pieces with 3d software and print them with a 3d printer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, and I've even thought of several possible piece designs, but a 3D printer is just a tad out of my price range unfortunately...

      Delete
  2. Owsome owsome amezing i cant belive it woooow bu i want to make this kind of ballmachine to do you have some tips?
    Btw clockwork is awsome!!!!!

    Jordi

    ReplyDelete
  3. man! congrats! will you ever make a manual explaining how to build it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Austin-

    Very interested in talking with you more as I'd like to see if we could feature your work on a hit A&E reality series. For some reason I can't find contact information for you, so please feel free to send me over an email when you find time. grant@megalomedia.com

    -Grant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello may I have your contact! I work as a corporate trainer in Brazil and I've been using the 6ft Wheel ferris as a teambuilding exercise! so I as thinking in something bigger as your work! Let me known if you sell any big project design! My email is lucas@p2prh.com.br!

    ReplyDelete